Rules of Tidy
Updated: Apr 20, 2019
During our initial tidy call, we will discuss your commitment to this method in order to have a successful tidying journey. Like any pursuit, this method is only effective if you put in the necessary time required. Think of this time as an investment in yourself and your family.
1. Commit Yourself to Tidying Up. Decluttering and organizing do require time and effort to have a successful journey.
2. Visualize Your Ideal Lifestyle. This step allows you to clarify why you want to tidy and identify the kind of life you want to live once you have finished the tidying journey.
3. Finish Discarding First. When you begin any organizing project, you really don’t have a good idea of what items will be left to organize and how much actually needs to be stored until you finish discarding.
4. Tidy by Category. For example, if you are tidying clothes, then you must get all the clothes out of every closet and drawer in every room first including items you might have in storage. This will give you an accurate grasp of the volume for each category.
5. Follow the Right Order. The categories are Clothes, Books, Paper, Miscellaneous and finally Sentimental Items. The point of tidying in this order is designed to hone your ability to distinguish what sparks joy.
6. Joy Check. Take each item in your hands and ask Does this Spark Joy? We will focus on choosing what to keep rather than what to discard.
Book a free tidy call with me now and I’ll help you clean up the clutter and get your life back.